Around the holidays, I purchased a new deep green sweater from the Polo RL Factory Store. The salesman and I were chatting about how it’s a shame that this color only seems to be widely available at Christmastime. Wrong we were, at least for this year, because Emerald is Pantone’s 2013 Color of the Year!
I’m a little excited to say the least, and can’t wait to continue pairing it with navy– one of my favorite color combos.
[Santa Catalina Sweater, ModCloth, $35]
[Musee Rodin Skirt, ModCloth, $35]
[Eyepopper Flats, Nine West, $89]
[The Lovelock Minibag, Madewell, $138]
[Emerald Trillion Bib, BaubleBar, $32]
Are you as thrilled as I am about spending 2013 in the Emerald City? To see my favorites from past Colors of the Year, click here!
post script. Today is the LAST day to enter by Bona Clara skin care giveaway! Treat yourself to an at-home facial and start 2013 off with glowing skin :)
I am not one to often share my political opinions out loud. But if there is one thing you do today, please, for the love of America, get to the polls and vote!
BDG American Flag Button Down, Urban Outfitters, $30 (sale!)
Democrat // Republican Classics, TOMS, $58
It’s in the Flag Hair Clip, ModCloth, $13
Rock Star-Spangled Scarf, ModCloth, $20
Vote 2012 Classics, TOMS, $58
MOTO Bleach Flag Print Hotpants, Topshop, $68
Rock the vote you all!
After a mild October up here in New England, it is now officially sweater weather. Here are some knits I’d be perfectly happy cozying up in as the temperature continues to drop…
(1) Frenchie Sweater, J.Crew, $98
(2) Peckson Cable Sweater, Jack Wills, $99
(3) Solid Varsity Cardigan, Delia’s, $36
(4) Swan Sweater, Miss Selfridge, $68
(5) A Row in Montreux Sweater, ModCloth, $75
(6) School Sweater, J.W. Anderson for Topshop, $100
Now a real question I’ve been debating all season: what do you think is the appropriate amount of money to spend on a sweater?
How Do You Adieu? Dress, ModCloth, $100
Ladies and gents I have a favor to ask! My good friend is a Boston school teacher and is on the hunt for postcards from all 50 states for her classroom. I love having readers from all over the country, so if you could be so kind to lend a hand, please send Megan + her class a postcard with an interesting fact about the state you live in!
906 Albany Street
Roxbury, MA 02119
Thank you all so much! xx
Through the Post Clutch, ModCloth, $30
Filed under Fashion, Life
There’s a new kind of animal print in town! No longer all-over leopard and cheetah, but rather whimsical animal prints are adorning clothes and accessories this fall…
(1) Hilda Shirtdress, Anthropologie, $128
(2) Penguin Studs, LC Lauren Conrad, $11 (sale!)
(3) NW3 Mr. Fox Print Dress, ASOS, $157 (sale!)
(4) Sugarhill Boutique Friends of the Forest Sweater, ModCloth, $75
(5) Leather Fox Ballet Flats, Tory Burch, $250
(6) Gold Zebra Cuff, BaubleBar, $32
(7) Rabbit Across Body Bag, ASOS, $35
(8) Neck and Neck Top, ModCloth, $30
(9) Knitted Zebra Jumper, Topshop, $68
(10) Metallic Ballet Flats, ASOS Little Miss, $44
Are you sporting this trend, or do you find it too over-the-top?
1. My taste has not changed very much since a certain fall-themed Friday’s Fancies last year.
2. Those Minnetonka moccasins at Anthropologie cost only forty-two dollars.
3. I would pay big money for a huge pile of leaves to jump in right about now.
Peacoat, Merona, $50
Tippi Sweater, J.Crew, $80
Clover the Moon Skirt, ModCloth, $43
Secret Garden Cuff, Stella & Dot, $98
Love Knot Stud Earrings, Giani Bernini, $70
Multi Zip Horse Clutch, ASOS, $53
Buttoned Moccasin Booties, Anthropologie, $42
Wishing you all a wonderful fall weekend!
Cinderella comes out of The Vault today– that scary dark place where classics go to hide until further notice. The little girl in me is beyond excited, so, a ball-ready outfit in honor of today:
Time of My Life Dress, Donna Morgan via ModCloth, $165
Swirled Suns Headband, Anthropologie, $32
Dove Stud Earrings, LC Lauren Conrad, $8
Cinderella Pump, Disney’s Glass Slipper Collection via DSW, $90
Have Faith in Your Dreams Bangle, Disney Couture via ASOS, $60
Oh, I’m sorry, have we not discussed my love for all things related to Kate Middleton’s style lately? You’re in luck today then.
James Whatling / Splash News
Ever since the Duchess donned this sky blue Stella McCartney during a visit to the National Portrait Gallery last week, I’ve had the color on my mind. You can still find the actual dress here for a pretty penny, but below are a few more affordable options in this glowing hue…
(1) Tiered Vest Dress by Boutique, Topshop, $150
(2) Plenty by Tracy Reese Everyday Royalty Dress, ModCloth, $268
(3) Stretch Silk-Blend Dress, DKNY, $118 (sale!)
(4) Flocked Cobalt Dress, Anthropologie, $188
(5) Duck Print Skater Dress, ASOS, $36
(6) Maritime Dress in Skinny Stripe, J.Crew, $60 (sale!)
Are there any famous figure influencing your style lately? Colors you’ve been craving?
I’ve been seeing an awful lot of my favorite accessory lately, and I certainly don’t hate it! Bows just give any outfit such a sweet touch, and I’m loving all of these affordable options! Ok, affordable with the exception of one darling Kate Spade watch…
(1) Good Mood Top, Modcloth, $30
(2) Harstein Sandal, ALDO, $45 (sale!)
(3) Bow Glitz Studs, BaubleBar, $28
(4) Musée de Cluny Skirt, ModCloth, $35
(5) Heidi Girl Clutch, Deux Lux, $86
(6) Carlyle Bracelet, Kate Spade, $225
(7) GLOW Patent Bow Point Court Shoes, Topshop, $100
(8) Belt with Bow, Zara, $10 (sale!)
(9) Charlie Rain Boots, Ted Baker via Anthropologie, $128
Check out my Currently Obsessed list for more of my favorite current bow items!
I’d happily wear nautical all year round, especially living up here along the water, but thank goodness for summer when it seems to be the style on everyone’s mind and is so readily available! Some of my current favorite pieces…
Good Tie-ming Sweater, ModCloth, $75 // Dizzy Anchors Dress, J Crew, $168 // Neon Nautical Hoodie, Anthropologie, $98 // Sailor’s Knot Ring, Kate Spade, $48 // Anchor Necklace, BaubleBar, $26 // Navy Stripe Nautical Biminis, TOMS, $69 // Crab Bangle, Alex & Ani, $28 // “Mesmerize” Nail Polish, Essie, $8 // Anchor Earrings, Swell Caroline, $25 // A Coast Call Bag, ModCloth, $65 // Memento Letter Charm, Madewell, $12