I tend to go through a few casual-weekend uniforms a year, depending on the season. In early spring, I’m all about showing some leg + even open toes, while staying warm in the breeze with layers on top. I don’t think it’s possible to own too many comfy high-waisted skirts, and I have been living in my denim jacket this month!
[ Well Balanced Sweater, Sugarhill Boutique, $75 ]
[ Linen-Cotton Mini, J.Crew Factory, $50 ]
[ Faux Leather Mid-Wedges, Old Navy, $30 ]
[ The Jean Jacket, Madewell, $94.50 (sale!) ]
[ The Lovelock Minibag, Madewell, $98 (sale!) ]
[ Carousel Bangle, Kate Spade, $250 ]
[ Barrington Spinnaker Bracelet, Kiel James Patrick, $38 ]
What’s your go-to weekend look?
(1) Dot-Every-I Journal, Anthropologie, $14
(2) Leather Colorblock Passport Case, J.Crew, $45
(3) Bubble Necklace, J.Crew, $150
(4) Leather Tote, Gap, $125
(5) Vickers Bow, Kiel James Patrick, $58
(6) Bow Hair Clip, American Apparel, 3 for $34
(7) Macaron Case, Urban Outfitters, $10
(8) Cole Enamel Stud Earrings, Tory Burch, $68
(9) Croffix Sailing Belt, Kiel James Patrick, $88
(10) Plaid a Little Love Bag, ModCloth, $38
After a mild October up here in New England, it is now officially sweater weather. Here are some knits I’d be perfectly happy cozying up in as the temperature continues to drop…
(1) Frenchie Sweater, J.Crew, $98
(2) Peckson Cable Sweater, Jack Wills, $99
(3) Solid Varsity Cardigan, Delia’s, $36
(4) Swan Sweater, Miss Selfridge, $68
(5) A Row in Montreux Sweater, ModCloth, $75
(6) School Sweater, J.W. Anderson for Topshop, $100
Now a real question I’ve been debating all season: what do you think is the appropriate amount of money to spend on a sweater?
Raise your hand if you’re a New Girl fan! I can’t get enough of Jess’s quirky humor, or her adorable style. Spotted in this polka dot J.Crew sweater recently (still available in gray!), she has really put me in the mood to mix navy blue + kelly green… and clearly I’m not alone in craving this pairing…!
(1) Murfee Scarf, Lilly Pulitzer, $118
(2) Upwardly Mobile Satchel, The Cambridge Satchel Company, $185
(3) New Girl Courage Top, Modcloth, $38
(4) Polka Dot Over-the-Knee Socks, Forever 21, $4
(5) Alanis Sweater, Lilly Pulitzer, $118
(6) Striped Button Shoulder Tee, Lauren Ralph Lauren, $38 (sale!)
(7) iPad Folio Hedgehog Case, Kate Spade, $85
(8) Au Contraire Hinge Bangle, Kate Spade, $89 (sale!)
(9) Rodwell Rainboot, Dirty Laundry, $35
Anchor dress; pearls, J.Crew // Belt, Aldo [similar] // Bracelets, Bfrend; vintage // Bow, unknown [similar] // Boat shoes, Sperry Top-Sider
How excited was I to wake up a few weeks ago to find a J.Crew dress I had been eyeing forever on sale?
Very excited. I plan to wear it inappropriate amounts. Not accepting the fact that summer is over and bare legs are soon to be a thing of the past.
Anchor Cardigan, J.Crew // Shorts, H&M // Belt, vintage // Pearls, vintage // Watch, GUESS [similar] // Bracelets, Kiel James Patrick, GLITTERBOX Jewelry, Alex & Ani, Bfrend // Striped Satchel, American Eagle // Shoes, Lacoste [similar]
I wore this Jackie-O-esque outfit on Labor Day… to savor the last few hours of white shorts being acceptable… and to prove that Taylor Swift isn’t the only one who is inspired by her style… :)
I’ll be the first to admit that I’ve never been a huge fan of gingham. Shocking, right, considering my tendencies to lean toward vintage-y preppy granny looks at times? But I am attempting it today, in honor of Friday’s Fancies, and actually am growing quite smitten with this particular little frock. Perfect for the dog days of summer.
Sabrina Dress, Altuzarra for J.Crew, $100 (sale!)
Bee Studs, BaubleBar, $24
Coated Canvas Weekender, Anthropologie, $150 (sale!)
Levona Sandals, Fitzwell, $48 (sale!)
Oh, I’m sorry, have we not discussed my love for all things related to Kate Middleton’s style lately? You’re in luck today then.
James Whatling / Splash News
Ever since the Duchess donned this sky blue Stella McCartney during a visit to the National Portrait Gallery last week, I’ve had the color on my mind. You can still find the actual dress here for a pretty penny, but below are a few more affordable options in this glowing hue…
(1) Tiered Vest Dress by Boutique, Topshop, $150
(2) Plenty by Tracy Reese Everyday Royalty Dress, ModCloth, $268
(3) Stretch Silk-Blend Dress, DKNY, $118 (sale!)
(4) Flocked Cobalt Dress, Anthropologie, $188
(5) Duck Print Skater Dress, ASOS, $36
(6) Maritime Dress in Skinny Stripe, J.Crew, $60 (sale!)
Are there any famous figure influencing your style lately? Colors you’ve been craving?
One thing I didn’t even realize until I got into my twenties was that there is a very clear and distinct wedding season, and we are right in the midst of it! I already showed off what I’ll be wearing to one wedding this summer, but here’s another dreamy wedding guest look I have in mind, this one for a more formal affair:
Bow Monde Dress in Silk Taffeta, J. Crew, $250
Petal to the Metal Clutch, Marc by Marc Jacobs, $238
Knotty Bangle, Lilly Pulitzer, $28
Chunky Chain Cuff, BaubleBar, $24
Sawyer Heels, Kate Spade New York, $328
This is my absolute favorite J. Crew dress… in the history of J. Crew dresses. My friend Natasha wore it to our graduation last May, and they keep bringing it back with more and more colors! Heck if it’s still available by the time some poor soul decides to marry me, you can be sure that my bridesmaids will be wearing it :)
How many weddings will you be dressing up for this season?
I’d happily wear nautical all year round, especially living up here along the water, but thank goodness for summer when it seems to be the style on everyone’s mind and is so readily available! Some of my current favorite pieces…
Good Tie-ming Sweater, ModCloth, $75 // Dizzy Anchors Dress, J Crew, $168 // Neon Nautical Hoodie, Anthropologie, $98 // Sailor’s Knot Ring, Kate Spade, $48 // Anchor Necklace, BaubleBar, $26 // Navy Stripe Nautical Biminis, TOMS, $69 // Crab Bangle, Alex & Ani, $28 // “Mesmerize” Nail Polish, Essie, $8 // Anchor Earrings, Swell Caroline, $25 // A Coast Call Bag, ModCloth, $65 // Memento Letter Charm, Madewell, $12