Sweater, H&M [similar] // Peter Pan Statement Collar c/o Sincerely Sweet Boutique // Denim cutoffs, Forever 21 // Bow earrings, BCBG [similar 1; 2] // Swiss Dot Tights, Kate Spade // Clutch, Garance Dore for Kate Spade [shape; print] // Patent flats, Urban Outfitters [similar 1; 2]
I have just loved the peter pan collar trend that’s been gaining traction over the last year, but have always been too shy to try it– until I received this dainty little one from Sincerely Sweet Boutique. It was just the right amount of statement and fit easily with this oversized knit, and had a vintage feel without being too in-your-face, or little girl-ish. I also love their Timeless Addendum and Austen Society Lace Trim Vintage Collars– such sweet little touches to add to outfits!
Knit Sweater with Skirt, c/o Sincerely Sweet Boutique // Heartbreaker Sunglasses, Urban Outfitters // Belt, vintage // Bracelets, Skiler Love; Glitterboxjewelry via Etsy; Alex & Ani // Pearls, J.Crew // Desert boots, [similar]
Last Saturday may or may not have been the most perfect fall day in Boston. One of those days when you curse the sun for setting so early, and you have no shame prancing around in a tulle skirt with pearl details out of pure happiness– in this case, one that is attached to an adorable navy sweater that forms to make the most perfect little dress. I found this little gem at Sincerely Sweet Boutique– an online retailer based out of Orange County, CA with an endless supply of feminine, vintage-inspired, and downright sweet fashions and accessories. I also snagged this Peter Pan statement collar and cannot wait to pair it with a number of chunky knits this winter!
There is something so perfectly autumnal about cozying up around a big bonfire with hot chocolate and s’mores. My friends used to treck out to the quiet suburban areas of Cambridge from downtown Boston numerous times a year for these, but there is no better time to host them than fall.
Eugenia Kim Textural Turban, Anthropologie, $28
Plaid Lace Back Shirt, Full Tilt, $27
Excursion Quilted Vest, J.Crew, $110
Elson Straight Leg Jeans, Citizens of Humanity, $178
Essex Boot, Sperry, $250
Bow So Basic Bag, ModCloth, $55
After a mild October up here in New England, it is now officially sweater weather. Here are some knits I’d be perfectly happy cozying up in as the temperature continues to drop…
(1) Frenchie Sweater, J.Crew, $98
(2) Peckson Cable Sweater, Jack Wills, $99
(3) Solid Varsity Cardigan, Delia’s, $36
(4) Swan Sweater, Miss Selfridge, $68
(5) A Row in Montreux Sweater, ModCloth, $75
(6) School Sweater, J.W. Anderson for Topshop, $100
Now a real question I’ve been debating all season: what do you think is the appropriate amount of money to spend on a sweater?
Sweater, American Eagle [similar] // Sequin skirt, Zara [similar] // Locket, Catbird [similar] // Belt, vintage // Boots, Lauren Ralph Lauren [similar]
I’m a little bit in love with mixing fancy skirts wine comfy knits lately. They help tone down the flashiness of the outfit, making daytime sequins all the more appropriate!
Do you rock sequins during the day?
Oxford, Ralph Lauren // Jeans, Forever 21 // Boots, Lauren Ralph Lauren [similar] // Sunglasses, vintage // Petal to the Metal Pouchette, Marc by Marc Jacobs [similar] // Cape Knot Hitch, Kiel James Patrick // Elephants Cuff, BaubleBar
Jeans + boots + oxford shirts have quickly become my fall go-to uniform, but does that really surprise anyone…?
Raise your hand if you’re a New Girl fan! I can’t get enough of Jess’s quirky humor, or her adorable style. Spotted in this polka dot J.Crew sweater recently (still available in gray!), she has really put me in the mood to mix navy blue + kelly green… and clearly I’m not alone in craving this pairing…!
(1) Murfee Scarf, Lilly Pulitzer, $118
(2) Upwardly Mobile Satchel, The Cambridge Satchel Company, $185
(3) New Girl Courage Top, Modcloth, $38
(4) Polka Dot Over-the-Knee Socks, Forever 21, $4
(5) Alanis Sweater, Lilly Pulitzer, $118
(6) Striped Button Shoulder Tee, Lauren Ralph Lauren, $38 (sale!)
(7) iPad Folio Hedgehog Case, Kate Spade, $85
(8) Au Contraire Hinge Bangle, Kate Spade, $89 (sale!)
(9) Rodwell Rainboot, Dirty Laundry, $35
Cardigan, H&M [similar] // AG Stevie Polka Dot Pants, Anthropologie [similar] // Pearls, J.Crew // Bracelets, Alex & Ani; Kiel James Patrick // Le Pliage Tote, Longchamp // Flats, Lacoste [similar]
I feel fortunate to be one of those lucky New England residents who get Columbus Day off from work. I spent this year’s Monday holiday, appropriately yet not intentionally, dressed in rather American colors, walking around a small Massachusetts town and finally having a chance to breathe and appreciate the beauty of early autumn.
There’s a new kind of animal print in town! No longer all-over leopard and cheetah, but rather whimsical animal prints are adorning clothes and accessories this fall…
(1) Hilda Shirtdress, Anthropologie, $128
(2) Penguin Studs, LC Lauren Conrad, $11 (sale!)
(3) NW3 Mr. Fox Print Dress, ASOS, $157 (sale!)
(4) Sugarhill Boutique Friends of the Forest Sweater, ModCloth, $75
(5) Leather Fox Ballet Flats, Tory Burch, $250
(6) Gold Zebra Cuff, BaubleBar, $32
(7) Rabbit Across Body Bag, ASOS, $35
(8) Neck and Neck Top, ModCloth, $30
(9) Knitted Zebra Jumper, Topshop, $68
(10) Metallic Ballet Flats, ASOS Little Miss, $44
Are you sporting this trend, or do you find it too over-the-top?
1. My taste has not changed very much since a certain fall-themed Friday’s Fancies last year.
2. Those Minnetonka moccasins at Anthropologie cost only forty-two dollars.
3. I would pay big money for a huge pile of leaves to jump in right about now.
Peacoat, Merona, $50
Tippi Sweater, J.Crew, $80
Clover the Moon Skirt, ModCloth, $43
Secret Garden Cuff, Stella & Dot, $98
Love Knot Stud Earrings, Giani Bernini, $70
Multi Zip Horse Clutch, ASOS, $53
Buttoned Moccasin Booties, Anthropologie, $42
Wishing you all a wonderful fall weekend!